What is your acne telling you?October 24, 2016
Big News! Introducing Celebrity Skin Professional Skincare!November 28, 2017
What is Micro-Needling?
Micro-needling is known by many names, also referred to as skin needling, micro-needling therapy, and collagen induction therapy (CIT). Micro-needling is a skin-rejuvenation procedure using minimally invasive fine needles. This process stimulates the skin to fill the microscopic wounds with new collagen and elastin. The controlled skin injury allows the body to repair skin imperfections such as wrinkles, acne scars and large pores. The process allows an improvement in skin texture and firmness while reducing the imperfections.
Who can benefit from Micro-Needling?
Do you have skin imperfections on your face that leave you feeling self-conscious? Micro-needling is a great solution, it can reduce the size of pores, fine lines, pigmentation and acne scars leaving your skin plump and rejuvenated. By using the body’s natural healing abilities, micro-needling is a great alternative to expensive surgical procedures.
What does it do for you?
- Acne scars
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines
- Minimize pore size
- Improve skin tightening, lifting and rejuvenation
Where can I get Micro-Needling done?
Your premiere destination for skin care service in the west valley is available at Celebrity Skin Studio in Litchfield Park, AZ. Relax and enjoy your treatment in a clean and serene environment. Celebrity Skin Studio serves the west valley including Litchfield Park, Waddell, Goodyear, Avondale, Surprise, and Verrado.
Is it safe?
Yes, single use disposable needles are used.
Who should NOT get Micro-Needling?
- History of severe allergies
- Those with Heart Conditions
- Active Herpes or Cold Sores, those who have tendency for Herpes break out must consult their physician first and obtain medication prior to treatment
- Immunosuppression patients
- Pustular or nodular rosacea
- Concurrent use of anticoagulant medication (such as Coumadin)
- Injectable neuromodulators – Do not receive treatment within 48 hours of injection of neuromodulators (such as Botox or Dysport) in proximity to the needled area
- Injectable fillers – Do not receive treatment within two weeks of injection with dermal fillers or volumizers to avoid potential unwanted inflammatory response.
- Pregnancy or Breast Feeding
- Presence of palmar or plantar keloid scarring
- Moles, Skin Tags and Various Lesions cannot be treated
How to prepare for your appointment.
If you are using any types of skin medication either oral or cream prescribed by your doctor, please consult with your doctor prior to scheduling this appointment. Sometimes medications need to be stopped prior to treatments. Stop using retinols and AHA’s 3 days prior to treatment.
What to expect during treatment?
Skin will be cleansed; an application of topical numbing cream is applied. The numbing cream sits for a few minutes prior to the treatment. Hyaluronic acid is infused during the micro-needling for plumpness and hydration. The discomfort is minimal, and the treatment just takes a few minutes.
What kind of after care is required?
There is surprisingly not a lot of down time with this treatment. Skin may be flushed and red (especially after the 1st treatment). Wait until the next day to gently wash the skin with gentle cleanser. Avoid exfoliating or scrubs of any kind until skin has healed. Skin may be dry and tight a day or two after the treatment and crusty spots may be felt on the skin. You will need to apply serum to the skin during the healing phase. We recommend Stem Cell Serum, and Hyaluronic Acid along with your regular professional skin care regimen. If you are using aggressive serums such as retinol you may need to wait a couple of days before applying. You will need to avoid sun exposure and use SPF, a Physical Block (non-chemical) is preferred. Make up can be applied 24 to 48 hours after treatment. You will start to notice a glow just a few days after treatment. Treatment is recommended once every 6 weeks until desired effects are achieved. This varies per individual depending on concerns being treated.
Book an appointment HERE