Get Better Skin!February 20, 2017
Sun Spots, OH MY!April 13, 2017
How to cure a Hangover Face
So, you really tied one on last night?
Ok, shhhh, I will speak a little quieter. Let me guess, that one beer to one water ratio strategy went out the window as soon as those hotties started sending over Shamrock Shots?
Good for you, you had a great time. I bet your face is a mess though. It’s ok, help is here. Here’s some tips from Celebrity Skin Studio’s Super Star Esthetician AJ Jenkins.
- Professional products are always best, but if you happened to wake up somewhere where that is not an option (I’m not judging you) here are some beauty triage tips. Peel off that false lash that’s still dangling. Wash the party off your face, use a gentle cleanser. I must confess, I have used shampoo in an emergency. If you don’t have any eye make remover to deal with that mess of a smokey eye that’s left over, use a gentle oil product. Baby oil, even something from the kitchen will do in a pinch. Again, this is emergency skin care, not recommended for daily use. And, as soon as you get back to your beauty products you will need take appropriate action.
- Put a mask and an eye cream in the fridge to chill. We will use these later.
- Give yourself an eye treatment. Use gentle massage movements around the eye. Use your middle finger (because it’s the lightest pressure) and very delicately glide your finger from the outer outside corner of the eye, to the inner corner of the eye and continue the movement down the side of your nose. Repeat this a few times. It helps move the lymph that is pooled and causing puffiness. The tissue around the eye is very delicate and the lymph we are moving is just under the skins surface. This works well in a steamy shower.
- You have to hydrate, get fluids in asap. Things with electrolytes are best. Gatorade, or even Pedialyte will do. Pop a vitamin B while you are at it.
- Grab that chilled mask, something gentle and hydrating. If you can get your hands on some Guac Star Avocado mask from Farmhouse Fresh Goods, that’s a great one. This will help reduce puffiness and it feels amazing.
- Treat yourself to a detox bath. Something with Epsom or Himalayan Salts are best. Leave that mask on your face while you are soaking and drink your Gatorade from a wine glass. It will make you feel better about things.
- After your bath, remove the mask and apply the chilled eye cream. I recommend The Max Stem Cell Eye Creme from Image Skincare. Don’t forget your sunscreen.
You should feel and look much better. If you must apply make up today, just do a toned down version. Avoid using highlighter or sparkly products on any areas that may not look their best today. Remember less is more.